WG Pitts has an opening for a Civil Engineer in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Civil Engineer Technician is responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Create design studies and concepts for the strength and economy of structural design which confirm to the needs and requirements of the client.
- Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Provide civil design services including preparation of civil/site work drawing, structural evaluation and design.
- Supervise and prepare periodic project inspection reports prior to final acceptance and turnover.
- Provide procedural technique systems as required in support the construction program.
- Provide immediate solution of problems at site for on on-going construction issues.
- Provide scope of work and quantity survey of propose projects.
- Support the workforce with structural technical advice and assistance.
- Provide studies, design and investigation for the development and needs of existing building concerning existing building concerning and expansion and or extension, modification, or alteration of building.
- Preparation and maintenance of as-built drawing.
- Ensure that rules, regulations and guidelines are followed without exception.
- Review and approve project reports and designs.
- Ensure that the project is completed on time within the planned budget.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques.
- Fluent in English language.
- Proficient in creating designs for local construction contractors to complete, and meet the requirements of the client.
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of complete design services including structural load determination, planning and siting.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Project, etc.
- Able to develop detailed design layout according to the requirement of the client.
- Ability to assess and address both challenges and potential risks of the planned project.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and logically to resolve various issues in the development process.
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in the engineering/construction management industry.
- Experience with the design and supervision of a project with the aid of Auto Cad software.
- Qualified specification writer for international standard concerning building road, port, and irrigation projects.
- Previous experience with up-grading and maintenance of existing civil facilities.
- Civil and Structural Engineering knowledge in both Horizontal and Vertical Constructions.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled temperature, sometimes must work outside in extreme temperatures.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and refer to the position title in the subject line.
WG Pitts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.