Who we are
WGPITTS is a full-service award-winning firm with proven professional capabilities in general contracting, construction management, and real estate development. The company has expertise in delivering projects using the design-build project delivery method. WGPITTS is a value-based and client-focused company that has established a well-respected reputation for providing unsurpassed customer service, bringing innovative ideas to the table, and adding value to clients by way of expertise and experience. WGPITTS's corporate office is in Florida with Caribbean offices in Puerto Rico.
How we conduct business
WGPITTS approaches each project using the collaborative Team-BuiltTM Approach to accomplish the Primary Project Objectives of having safe accident-free projects, delivered on time and within budget, with the net result of excellent quality and customer satisfaction.
At WGPITTS we train our managers to also be team leaders. With this in mind, we believe that professional conduct and leadership start at the top and we strive to base out actions on our company's core values expressed in our PROMISES.
WGPITTS primarily operates in the following locations:
- Puerto Rico
- International: US Government Locations.
Primary Project Objectives:
WGPITTS started in 1996 as a northeast Florida regional general contractor constructing sports and recreation facilities while its founder Will Pitts was completing his formal education by earning a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management from the University of North Florida. Since its founding, WGPITTS completed more than 150 projects and 500 government contracts. On the private sector, these projects included office parks, shopping centers, industrial buildings, condominiums, estate homes, golf club houses, major resort renovations, mixed use hotel construction, and office parks.
WGPITTS has completed projects for well-respected names in the industry such as: Taylor Woodrow Communities, the Ritz Carlton Company, Amelia Island, Plantation at Ponte Vedra, St. Joe Company, Centex Homes, Pulte Homes, Landmar, DR Horton, Walt Disney Company, Publix, Sunbelt Management, Omni Hotels, Monarch Alternative Capital and numerous other service-oriented, quality-driven development companies.
Notable private sector projects include the following:
- Assisting Monarch Capital in the due diligence Aquisition and construction management of the 550,000 sf Hyatt Regency Resort located in Coco Beach, Puerto Rico;
- Design of the 1200 room upgrade at Saratoga Springs Resort for the Walt Disney Company;
- Construction of the Flame Tree restaurant addition in Wild Animal Theme Park;
- Pool side and fencing renovation at the Contemporary Resort for the for Walt Disney Company;
- Construction of Camp Heritage Amenity Center for DR Horton
- Construction of WaterChase and St. Johns Forest communities for Taylor Woodrow Communities; and,
- Design-build construction of St. Johns Golf & Country Club for the St Joe Company.
In 2010 WGPITTS expanded into the government sector, WGPITTS has performed for: FEMA, Government of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico Infrastructure Finance Authority, NAVFAC, U.S. Veterans Administrations, U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center, U.S. Navy, Mission Contracting Command - U. S. Army, General Services Administration, Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Army Depot and other federal agencies.
Notable completed government projects include the following:
- Renovation of the Marine Corp headquarters building at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina;
- Design-build construction of 2 vehicular bridges at Camp Lejeune;
- Total renovation of the Camp Devil Dog dormitories at Camp Lejeune in 2018 and 2019;
- Construction of the Haitian National Police headquarters in Cap Haitian, Haiti for the Dyncorp/ US State Department (2013);
- Completion of emergency housing repair of housing under the FEMA STEP program post hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (2018-2019);and,
- Reconstruction of the Aircraft Hangers at Tyndal AFB for KBR following hurricane Michael in 2018. Completion of earthquake damage repair and reinforcement to 7 Schools for FEMA/AFI/Allco in southwest Puerto Rico (2021-2022).
WGPITTS expanded into the Caribbean in 2013 constructing the Haitian National Police headquarters in Cap Haitian Haiti for DynCorp International and the U.S. Department of State, In 2018, following Hurricane Maria a WGPITTS team, mobilized to San Juan, Puerto Rico, arriving on one of the first commercial flights after Hurricane Maria. The purpose of that mobilization was to assess the opportunities to assist the US Government, FEMA, the US Army Corps of Engineers, and the Government of Puerto Rico with the disaster relief and restoration program.
WGPITTS completed emergency housing repair for FEMA and the Puerto Rico Department of Housing working with Excel USA and subsequently assisted Monarch Alterative Capital and Royal Palm Companies with their due diligence and Aquisition of the Melia Hotel and Resort in Coco Beach Puerto Rico. After the project was acquired WGPITTS provided CM services and assisted Monarch and NFusion with its conversion to the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve. WGPITTS is currently working on post-earthquakestructural concrete repairs to 7 schools and 1500+ columns in the southwest corridor of the island following the 2019 earthquakes and the real estate development of the Oceano Beachfront Resort in Palmas del Mar Puerto Rico.
Our Vision & Mission
WGPITTS will develop and construct world-class projects that improve the lives of all who use our buildings or communities and deliver superior personal and economic benefits to all the project stakeholders.
Our mission is to earn the trust and business of clients by serving their needs and exceeding their expectations while upholding the PROMISES we make.
"WGPITTS’s mission is centered on our clients, both existing and new clients. In order to earn the trust and business of new clients, we must exceed their expectations in every service we render. Additionally, to ensure repeat business of existing clients we must always think in terms of what we can do for them, by serving their current needs and anticipating their future needs. Every encounter a client has with a member of our team must reflect our commitment to quality, the Team-Built Approach, and also demonstrate our core values."
- Will Pitts, President / CEO
Our Core Values - PROMISES℠
At WGPITTS these are the PROMISES we hold as our Core Values.
Perseverance. Stay the course even when presented with obstacles and great challenges.
Responsibility. Take personal responsibility for actions and be responsible to the team, the community and the environment.
Optimism. Maintain an optimistic, can-do attitude.
Make Mission! Find a way or make one.
Integrity. Be fair and honest in all dealings.
Service. Add value and be solutions oriented.
Excellence. Produce superior quality workmanship.
Safety. Plan and create an accident-free environment.
We will make decisions and act according to our PROMISES and no matter how difficult the decision is, we will not compromise. Our Mission, PROMISES and stakeholders make WGPITTS the best in the industry.
Our Core Competencies - CREST™
At WGPITTS, these are our top Core Competencies as a team - CREST™
- Every project begins with meetings consisting of all team members. To ensure consistent project follow up and review, on site meetings are held weekly.
- All of our field superintendents are equipped with computers and wireless access to ensure accurate up to date communication with the project team.
- We conduct regular Owner meetings and generate Monthly Progress Reports that includes topics such as procurement, pending issues, progress photos and a project summary.
- We are committed and determined to secure the success of a project.
- We keep our PROMISES™ and maintain our integrity on every project.
- We understand, through experience, what it takes to get the mission accomplished.
- All WG Pitts team members are trained and practice the “Flawless Execution” Model (Plan, Brief, Execute and Debrief) on all phases of every project. (The “Flawless Execution” is a seminar product of Afterburner, Inc.)
- WGPITTS invests in cutting edge accounting and project management software for the accessibility of our entire project management team.
- We utilize detailed written standardized processes that correspond to electronic templates for schedules, reports, subcontract management, and quality control. The result is effective communication, a streamlined construction process, economy and efficiency.
- WGPITTS conducts weekly training sessions with all office team members in execution, customer relations, leadership and teamwork.
WGPITTS is a state certified general contractor in the State of Florida (CGC 060240) and licensed as a general contractor in the territory of Puerto Rico.
Services and Delivery Methods
WGPIITTS has significant experience performing construction services for our clients using a variety of project delivery methods:
- Pre-Construction Services
- General Contracting
- Construction Management at Risk (CMAR)
- Design Build (Single Source Solutions)
See our Construction Services page to learn more.
WGPITTS has years of extensive professional services experience representing ownership groups, partnerships and government agencies as their agent to manage the construction and development processes at the programmatic level. Three typical areas one may engage with professional services are:
Construction Management – Managing Design, Engineering and General Contracting teams.
Development Management – Managing Real Estate Development Projects.
Visit our Professional Services page to learn more.
In addition to a vast amount of experience working for some of the world’s most renown real estate developing companies providing construction and development manage services, WGPITTS has significant experience developing projects in a variety of asset classes which includes large master planned residential communities, Class A office complexes, resort theme park developments, and oceanfront residential condominiums.
WGPITTS combines its knowledge and experience as a development manager and design builder to deliver the highest quality greatest value to all of the project stakeholders.
Visit our Real Estate Development page to learn more.
WGPITTS project past performance includes most project types which includes but is not limited to the following: commercial office buildings, military headquarter building renovations, bridge construction, roadway infrastructure, amenity centers, golf clubhouses, restaurants, breweries. apartments, condominiums, residential communities, retail centers, criminal justice facilities, post disaster reconstruction, medical, restaurants, mixed use, hospitality, stadiums, tennis facilities, athletic complexes and pre engineered metal buildings.
WGPITTS's private sector clients include such well-respected names as: Arendale Holdings, Ronald McDonald House, Walt Disney Company, Publix Supermarkets, Collins Group, DR Horton, Taylor Woodrow Communities, Sunbelt Managment, Landmar Group, Centex Homes, The Ritz Carlton Company, Coca Cola Bottling Jacksonville, Amelia Island Plantation, Hyatt Regency, Omni Hotels, Monarch Alternative Capital, Plantation at Ponte Vedra, Arvida/St. Joe , Pulte Homes, Regency Centers, and numerous other service-oriented, quality-driven development companies.
In the government sector, WGPITTS has performed for: FEMA, Government of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico Infrastructure Finance Authority (PRIFA), NAVFAC, U.S. Veterans Administrations, U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center, U.S. Navy, Mission Contracting Command - U. S. Army, General Services Administration, Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Army Depot and other federal agencies.
WGPITTS has also worked as a TIER1 Contractor under numerous large defense and disaster recovery contractors including DynCorp International, KBR and Environmental Chemical Corporation (ECC) and Excel USA and Allco, LLC.
These superb groups and the individuals representing their companies or agencies share many of the same the values and commitment as the WGPITTS. Our clients and employees helped established the foundation of our method of conducting business and will help shape the future of the company.
WGPITTS sets the industry standard for the quality of its projects. WGPITTS won numerous awards from the Associated General Contractors of Florida and Florida Home Builders Association recognizing the outstanding quality and workmanship of projects that WGPITTS has designed or constructed. WGPITTS’ success is primarily as a result of implementing a Team-Built™ approach to each project. Our attention is focused on the project goals, client needs, success of the team and our combined commitment to exceed the expectations of our customers.
WGPITTS was recognized in 2000 as the Fastest Growing Privately held company in Northeast Florida and consecutively in the top 5 fastest growing companies in northeast Florida. Additionally, WGPITTS was recognized by the University of Florida College of Business and Governor Jeb Bush as one of the 10-Fastest growing companies in the State of Florida.
2007 Horizon Award for Best New Construction $2-6 million range in the State of Florida
For the second year in a row, WG Pitts wins the prestigious AGC Horizon award for General Contracting, Building, and New Construction within the $2-6 million range.
2006 Grand Aurora Award, Recreational Facility
This award is the best of the best in this category. We received 1 of only 3 Grand Aurora Awards given in this category. Truly a short list of some great projects!
2006 Aurora Award, Recreational Facility
WG Pitts tops the list in 2006 for recreational facilities. This award distinguished WG Pitts from the rest of the competition for its superb performance on the St. Johns Forest project.
2006 Aurora Award, Landscape Design/Pool Design
We were 1 of 11 winners in this category and the only winner in the Northeast Florida Region. This category also included very high end residential homes. This is a very distinguishing award that showcases WG Pitts' ability to construct landscapes and pools.
2006 Horizon Award for Best New Construction $2-6 million range in the State of Florida
WG Pitts was once again recognized by the AGC for superior performance, craftsmanship, and dedication with regards to General Contracting, Building, and New Construction within the $2-6 million range.
2006 Good Neighbor Award
WG Pitts was awarded the 2006 Good Neighbor Award from the Northeast Florida Builder Association for our active participation and volunteerism within the community.
2005 Aurora Award, Recreational Facility-Community Clubhouse
WG Pitts tops the list in 2005 for recreational facility-community clubhouse.. This award distinguished WG Pitts from the rest of the competition for its superb performance on the Palm Coast Plantation project.
2003 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Company
Recognized in 2003 as the Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida by the Jacksonville Business Journal.
2000 Fastest Growing Company
Recognized in 2000 as the Fastest Growing Company in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida by the Jacksonville Business Journal.
WGPITTS believes the projects we build and develop have an impact on the the lives of the stakeholders involved:
- those who use our buildings or communities,
- the team which works to create them;
- the community at large; and
- the environment which they are built.
Based upon that belief, and WGPITTS's core value of Responsibility, WGPITTS commits to the following:
- Environmental Responsibility - WGPITTS is committed to the environmental protection in all activities related to our work.
- Workplace Responsibility - WGPITTS is committed to health, safety and economic well-being of our team members, vendors, clients, and the stakeholders.
- Community Responsibility - WGPITTS is committed to giving back to the communities which we live and work through volunteerism and philanthropy.
WGPITTS is committed to the environmental protection in all activities related to our work. Realizing that the world's natural resources are limited and fragile, WGPITTS considers environmental protection to be consistent with its overall goals and values and an important consideration in its total activities. This commitment to environmental protection is reflected in our policies, programs and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally as well as economically responsible manner.
As an international provider of construction and real estate development services our environmental impacts are expected to be limited and include careful consideration of the use of sometimes precious and limited raw goods and products utilized for construction and consideration of the environmental sustainability of projects we construct.
We are committed to helping contractors identify local sources for building materials and systems, reducing the cost and environmental impact of long-distance transportation. We design many projects with a specific focus on renewable building materials including wood products.
WGPITTS shall seek to:
- Conduct its operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards concerning environmental protection.
- Establish environmental objectives and targets relevant to the environmental impacts of its activities and a means to measure progress against these objectives.
- Continually improve our environmental management system and related policies and programs.
- Minimize the environmental risks to our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- Promote employee awareness of environmental concerns, actions and responsibilities through our programs and various communication channels.
- Promote the adoption of environmental protection goals and practices by contractors and suppliers acting on behalf of WGPITTS.
Responsibility to the Team
WGPITTS is committed to health, safety and economic well being of our team members, vendors, clients, and the stakeholders.
At WGPITTS we commit ourselves to conducting ourselves by code of business ethics that:
- Has its foundation in honesty, integrity and fairness in all daily operations and requires the highest order of integrity in the conduct of team-members in their relationships with the company as well as in dealings with clients, suppliers, consultants and competitors.
- Ensures a safe, healthy workplace for employees, vendors, subcontractors and jobsite visitors and a safe and healthy finished construction project for our clients, and a safe and healthy environment for the community.
- Promotes the adoption of environmental protection goals and practices by subcontractors and suppliers and consideration of the environmental sustainability of projects we construct.
- Has a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believes in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.
- Will include enforcement of compliance of this ethics policy by all team-members. Team-members will avoid any action that may create the appearance of:
- Giving preferential treatment to any organization or person for personal gain.
- Impeding WGPITTS efficiency or economy.
- Making a WGPITTS decision outside of official channels.
- Affecting adversely the confidence of our team, the public, our clients, or competitors in the integrity of WGPITTS.
- When totally followed, will enhance the perception of our industry by our clients and by the public as a whole.
WGPITTS has a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believes in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all. WGPITTS values the unique contributions that each employee brings to his/her role within the Company and considers the variety of perspectives and backgrounds that exist within the Company a competitive advantage in the marketplace. WGPITTS is committed to treating all employees fairly, without regard to any characteristics that have no bearing on job performance.
WGPITTS hires people based on Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (“BFOQ”) as described in job descriptions and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status, or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws. Additionally, it’s a part of the company’s Operating and Financial Objectives to have a positive impact on the communities which we live and work. This is accomplished through the following initiatives:
- Consistently Improve the quality and economic well-being of our vendors and subcontractors.
- Give back to the community through financial donations to local nonprofits organizations and volunteerism
- Be committed to the environmental protection in all activities related to our work.
Responsibility to the Communities which we live and work
WGPITTS has a long history of naturally giving back to the community through volunteerism at non-profits and the support of schools and education and philanthropy.
Since its inception the company has encouraged team members to volunteer their time assisting those in need and have provided paid time to employees to volunteer at local nonprofits. It is the dedicated participation of WG Pitts’ team members that is shaping the difference ensuring our company stays strong and vibrant in giving back to the community. This commitment to community involvement is supported by example at the highest levels of our management and is displayed by the dedication to volunteerism of our team members. WGPITTS as a company is deeply committed to doing everything, we can to support our team members so they can continue to make contributions to important causes. WGPITTS team members have self-organized a volunteered services at the Jacksonville City Rescue Mission, I.M. Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless, Ronald McDonald House, and team members have served as leader in local universities, professional organizations, charities, education, and cultural activities. Through a combination of community service, financial contributions and volunteerism, we support several organizations that assist those in need.
WGPITTS gives back through our donations to local and nonprofit organizations including American Cancer Society, City Rescue Mission, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Junior League of Jacksonville. Ronald McDonald House Charities, St. Vincent’s Medical Center, I.M. Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless, Jewish Community Alliance, University of North Florida and many more.
Puerto Rico - Hurricane Maria Aid
2017 Following Hurricane Maria Will Pitts and others from WGPITTS mobilized to Puerto Rico on the first commercial flight to land at the San Juan Airport after the hurricane. Will and Tom spent time reporting back to the Emergency Operations Center in San Juan and delivering meals ready to eat to areas in need. Below is Will Pitts delivering Meals Ready to Eat (MRE's) to the Medical Director for the Veterans at the VA Medical Clinic in Arecibo Puerto Rico.
WGPITTS and DR Horton Donate New Childrens Center to Shulzbacher Center for the Homeless
WG Pitts Company installed this magnificent stair tower aviarium design for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville.
WG Pitts employees, along with the glass artist Andy Peters, volunteered to build the installation. It's now on display for the families and staff to enjoy for years to come.
Ronald McDonald House
In 2015, WG Pitts donated its architectural design services for the new children's playroom at Ronald McDonald House of Jacksonville.
April 2016: WG Pitts is honored to prepare dinner for the families of Ronald Mcdonald House Charities of Jacksonville. Volunteer opportunities include assisting families and staff at the House, caring for families in the Ronald McDonald Family Room® at Wolfson Children’s Hospital and joining us at our annual special events. Volunteers also provide dinner for our families every evening. The meal program is a great way to get your civic or corporate group involved. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please click here.
WG Pitts donated construction services to Flagler College to construct its new baseball stadium and restroom facility.
Education - UNF
Mothers for TBI Hope
WG Pitts Company employee Tracy Porter is the founder of the statewide charitable organization Mothers for TBI Hope. She began this work in 2005 following her son's traumatic brain injury. The organization raises funds to distribute tote bags filled with personal comfort items, useful tools, information, and resources that a family member would need to help them through the very difficult first few days following a loved one’s Traumatic Brain Injury. The totes include a 24/7 family hope line that helps guide families through this very emotional time by connecting them with people who have had a similar experience. The totes were provided through all 28 Level 1, 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers in Florida and over the course of 10 years provided more than 11,000 totes of comfort and hope.
Reel in the Cure
Thank you to the sponsors who made our 2015 1st Annual "Reel in the Cure" event such a success. Proceeds were donated to Pink up the Pace, a local St. Augustine charity that assists the underinsured with the early detection of breast cancer.
Mardi Gras McGala
WG Pitts Architecture and Graphics Team donates the invitation design, and the design and construction of a uniquely themed bourbon bar, for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville's Mardi Gras McGala Event. 500 supporters and community patrons celebrated the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities in “Big Easy” style at the 2016 Mardi Gras McGALA. The evening included a delicious dinner, live entertainment by The Band Be Easy, a fabulous silent auction, dancing, and a heartfelt program highlighting the families served, and the programs and services provided by RMHC of Jacksonville.
Homeless and Housing Nonprofits
WG Pitts and DR Horton led the team of their many vendors & subcontractors in donating construction services and all material and labor to provide the Children's Center at the Sulzbacher Center in Jacksonville, Florida.
Homeless Center Breaks Ground on Children's Building
"We'll offer a host of activities including karate lessons, tutoring sessions and other planned events," said Sherry Burns, president and CEO of the Sulzbacher Center. "We commend D.R. Horton, the W.G. Pitts Co. and all of our contributing sponsors who have helped to make this wonderful vision a reality."
-Jacksonville Business Journal
Benefits of doing Business with WGPITTS - QUIVER
The WGPITTS team has an unparalleled depth and breadth of successful experience delivering general contracting and construction management services, completing high quality, successful projects on-time and within budget. We are committed developing a strong partnership with our clients and the project team, ensuring that all goals within the scope of this contract are met.
Quality - Throughout our history, WGPITTS has stressed, '“Quality Team-Built Projects" Is Our First Priority.
Unsurpassed Customer Service - WGPITTS provides service that exceeds expectations, performance excellence, and adds value to relationships
Innovation - Utilizing the latest technology and collaborative processes we provide creative solutions to difficult challenges.
Value - We provide the best services and projects for dollars spent.
Experience - WGPITTS has a proven track record of successfully constructing complex, award-winning multi–site projects.
Reliability - We do what we say we are going to do, when we say we are going to do it.
For these reasons we offer the best value for your business. How about contacting WGPITTS for your next project?